Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars are rich & creamy with a hint of tartness and tiger nut crunch. The perfect cheesecake recipe if you’re following an AIP, plant-based, nut or dairy free diet.
DID YOU KNOW? Tiger nuts are recommended for healthy skin, weight management, and fertility—all because of vitamin E!
One serving of tiger nuts provides you with 278% of the daily recommended value–that’s 3mg of vitamin E!
Vitamin E is important to our health due to its powerful antioxidant properties that may help reduce free radical damage and slow the aging process of your cells.
Free radicals not only weaken and break down healthy cells, but these molecules may also contribute to heart disease and cancer.
It’s important to have a diet rich in antioxidants to protect yourself from oxidative damage over time, and tiger nuts are a great source of antioxidants.
If you’re looking for tasty ways to add more tiger nuts to your diet, check out some of my tiger nut recipes (including the yummy cheesecake below!).
Want more tiger nut recipes? Then you’ve got to try …
- Tiger Nut “NOatmeal”
- Matcha Protein Balls (with tiger nuts)
- Travel Trail Mix (with tiger nuts)
- Tiger Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Tiger Nut Energy Bites
Tiger Nut Lemon Cheesecake Bars
INGREDIENTS: (makes 9 small bars)
1 cup skinned tiger nuts, soaked and drained
6 tbsp maple syrup
6 tbsp lemon juice
6 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 drops food-grade lemon essential oil (optional)
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tbsp tiger nuts, crushed (use a food processor for this)
Fresh berries (raspberries, strawberries or blackberries)
1. Put tiger nuts in a jar, fill with water and let soak in fridge for 12+ hours. Drain well.
2. Process all filling ingredients in a high-powered blender until completely smooth. Note: Tiger nuts are not easy to breakdown, so you may need to blend for a while, scraping the sides of the blender along the way.
3. Transfer cheesecake filling into small glass container (5″x 5″) and smooth out.
4. Decorate with toppings and freeze for at least 5 hours. Cut cheesecake into bars and carefully remove from container. Thaw out briefly before serving. You can keep these bars frozen or refrigerated afterwards.