Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins
Chocolate Chunk Banana Muffins make for a healthy breakfast, snack or treat all year round. These muffins are soft, moist & full of delicious and natural flavour! They're packed with all the good stuff, including quality protein and healthy fats + naturally sweetened with ripe bananas. Paleo friendly and free of gluten, grains & dairy.
- 4 pastured eggs*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup, optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, 85% or higher, chopped into chunks
Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or use liners.
Beat eggs in bowl, mash bananas with a fork on a plate, then add all wet ingredients together and mix thoroughly.
Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and continue to mix until a thick smooth batter is formed. (TIME SAVER TIP: Use a food processor for steps 2 & 3, if you have one)
Add chocolate chunks into the batter and mix (save some to add on top).
Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way with batter. Top with remaining chocolate chunks.
Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool before removing from tray.
*Substitute with 4 flax eggs or 4 chia eggs for egg free version.
TIME SAVER TIP: Use a food processor for steps 2 & 3, if you have one.
- 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water (whisk until gelatinous and creamy) = 1 egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (Stir and allow to rest for 15 minutes) = 1 egg