This dairy free Peppermint Mocha is the perfect way to enjoy your coffee during the holidays! The rich flavours of coffee and chocolate come together with creamy nut milk to create a warm, comforting and delicious beverage.
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp cacao or cocoa powder
- 2-3 tsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1-2 shots espresso, or 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil (food grade), or 1/2-1 tsp peppermint extract
- Dark chocolate shavings, for garnish
In a saucepan, warm milk, sweetener, cocoa/cacao and peppermint over medium-low for roughly 5-minutes, stirring occasionally.
Froth the milk mixture with a blender, immersion stick or other tool.
Brew espresso then combine the milk mixture with the espresso. Garnish with dark chocolate shavings, if desired.