Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl in the perfect weekday or weekend dinner. It's easy to prepare, full of delicious Asian flavour and healthy, of course! Give this paleo, low-carb, keto & soy free dish a try!
- 1 large green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds organic ground chicken
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Green Onion, thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tbsp sesame tahini or cashew butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Water, if needed to thin sauce
In a large skillet or pot, heat avocado oil over medium heat.
Add onions, carrots and cabbage. Season with salt and cook until tender, stirring often for about 15 minutes.
Add ginger, garlic, coconut aminos and vinegar. Continue stirring and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add ground chicken and season with salt and black pepper. Break up the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until the meat has cooked through - about 10 minutes. (Note: Chicken can also be cooked in a separate pan then added to the pot. I prefer this method since you can brown the ground chicken and get more flavour).
Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl using a fork. If sauce is too thick add a tablespoon of water in at a time to thin it out.
Once meat is cooked, turn off heat and mix in 3/4 of the sauce. Coat cabbage mixture in sauce.
Plate and drizzle remaining sauce over top. Garnish with sliced green onion.